Pizza is the perfect quick lunch/dinner for any child that is over 1 years of age.
The tomatoey goodness, the melted cheese, the bread all go hand in hand in proving to be a yummy meal.
This recipe is dead easy to make and quick. Now that my daughter is older and she can eat a lot more I find that I only want to make food that is less time consuming but also different.
I use ready made pizza bases which can be bought from any leading grocery shop. I buy mine from Asda. You can make your base from scratch should you wish, as I do not I do not have a recipe to share but there are many recipe’s available online so have a look.
I feel there is so much more for my daughter to try and that should continue.
You can replace the spinach with any other topping really, sometimes I add cooked chicken and peppers other times I add nothing.
|Suitable from 12 months on-wards|
|Portion: 4||Prep time: 15 min||Cooking time: 20-30 min|
|4 tablespoon of tin chopped tomatoes|
|1/2 garlic clove crushed|
|a handful of washed spinach, washed and chopped|
|2 tablespoons of mozzarella cheese|
|2 tablespoons of cheddar cheese|
- Turn on the oven and pre-heat at gas mark 5.
- In a pan, add in water and let it bring to boil. Place in your spinach so that the water is covering it. Let it boil further.
- As the spinach boils, in a another pan add in the tin tomatoes and garlic, bring to a slight boil, stir until blended and has thickened.
- With a potato masher, mash to smooth out the tomato pieces. Turn off heat and leave to the side to cool.
- Checking back at the spinach, once wilted and the water has evaporated turn off heat and transfer the spinach into a colander and drain any remaining water. Leave to cool to the side.
- Remove your pizza base from the packet and start spreading the tomato paste onto the top of the base.
- Sprinkle on the wilted spinach over the tomato paste.
- Top with the cheese and add more cheese should you wish.
- Place the pizza in the top shelf of the oven for 15 – 20 minutes. Keeping an eye on it and turning it round, making sure it does not burn.
- Once pizza looks golden on the sides and the cheese has melted, your pizza is ready. Take out of the oven, leave tot he side to cool.
To be eaten straight away
This tastes best eaten straight away (making sure it has cooled down) I serve the pizza with oven baked chips or potato wedges. My little one really enjoys cheese so she enjoys this pizza.
The Soul Tamer x