Why hi there and welcome to the deep dwellings within my soul.
An avid poetry writer and upcoming blogger who likes to put pen to paper and finger to keyboard to express sadness, happiness, anger, desire, my selfish wants, my many out bursts of anxiety and most importantly my ‘being a mummy’ journey.
The most important piece of information which you need to know is that I have been blessed by the grace of Allah SWT with a beautiful baby girl who goes by the name of Soraiya. Being a mummy isn’t the easiest job but not gonna lie it is by far a job that I would not trade for anything in the world. My little girl is my smile and she has given me a purpose.
where did the soul tamer come from?
Well… it all started about 3-4 years ago when life was getting on top of me with lots happening and I was constantly look for ways to relax, calm and de-stress myself. I was trying to focus on me and my soul which is where poetry writing and blogging came from.
the boring stuff
I am married, 29 years old, originally from South West London but now living in East London and I work in HR.
top 10 even more boring facts about me
1. I am hand cream obsessed. I have so many and yet there is always one I’m mad about
2. In my spare time I like to watch anime, korean/chinese/japanese drama’s and basically netflix and chill.
3. I am addicted to Chocolate and Candles. I buy them all the time.
4. I’m the oldest of 5 siblings. Me and my baby brother have a 16 years age gap.
5. I am 5 ft tall and my husband is 5 ft 11 inches. When I am not in heels (which is all the time) it does look odd at times haha
6. I have a BCS Hons in International Relations and Sociology – I wanted to save the world and work for the UN but alas HR was my calling hehe
7. My sister was the 3rd person who got to hold my daughter. She was there at her niece’s birth.
8. I enjoy eating Mexican food.
9. I am a bit of a chatter box and can pretty much talk to anybody.
10. I suffer from sever anxiety and borderline depression. This is something I tried to hide and handle for a long time but it is better to be honest about it and I have found that by doing that I have a better handle on it.
All my posts have a lot of thought that goes into them so I hope when you read them you not only enjoy them and find them helpful but also you can relate to them.
Look forward to getting to know all of you
The Soul Tamer x