Hi and welcome to the deep dwellings within my soul.
An avid poetry writer and blogger who likes to put pen to paper and finger to keyboard to express sadness, happiness, anger, desire, my selfish wants, my many out bursts of anxiety and most importantly my ‘being a mummy’ journey.
I also go by the name Mummy, Soraiya’s Mummy.
The most important piece of information which you need to know is that I have been blessed by the grace of Allah SWT with a beautiful baby girl who goes by the name of Soraiya. Being a mummy isn’t the easiest job but not gonna lie it is by far a job that I would not trade for anything in the world. My little girl is my smile and she has given me a purpose.
Where did the soul tamer come from?
It all started about 6 years ago when life was getting on top of me with lots happening and I was constantly look for ways to relax, calm and de-stress myself. I was trying to focus on me which is where poetry writing and blogging came from.
the boring stuff
- Female – I go by she/her
- 30 years old
- Working in Human Resources
- Married for 4 years – Alhumdulilah
- Born and bred Londoner
5 facts about me…
- I am hand cream obsessed. There is one hand cream I cannot live without and will always have this with me around the house, in my bad and on my desk at work.
- In my spare time I enjoy watching anime and watching foreign drama series in particular those that are of South Korean, Japanese and Chinese origin.
- I am addicted to chocolate and candles.
- I have a BSc Hons in International Relations and Sociology. My goal was to save the world and work for the UN but alas… HR was my calling.
- I have always suffered severe anxiety and after I had my daughter I suffered from Post Natal Depression from which I have come out of and deal with having borderline depression.
All my posts have a lot of thought that goes into them so I hope when you read them you not only enjoy them and find them helpful but also you can relate to them.
Look forward to getting to know all of you
The Soul Tamer x